Friday, August 26, 2011

Good to Be Back

For those avid readers of the blog, I apologize for my much belated update on our family.  My excuse for the lack of writing can only be blamed on our unborn child!  If you have not heard, we are expecting another baby in March and I am just rounding the corner into my second trimester.  The last few months have been rather exhausting (I think I blocked the 1st time around out of my head), between work, playing with Ainsley, trying to be a good wife and other pre-planned actitivites with family and friends.  I am grateful to Kasey for taking good care of me and Ainsley.  BUT IT IS GOOD TO BE BACK!!!  I am happy to report life is getting back to normal this week.




We have had a busy couple of months mostly small trips around Seattle, visits from family and a weekend trip to Idaho.  Contrary to most you talk with here in Seattle, the summer temps have been just right for me but overall it has been colder than past times.  We are in the process of canning for the winter.  Our garden is looking great with fresh green beans (canning most of them-21 Quarts so far), peppers, tomotoes, carrots, cauliflower, snow peas, and strawberries.  I love this time of year!!

Mom and Uncle Ben came for a weekend.  We had a good time yet both Ben and I were not 100%.  It was beautiful weather so went on a bike ride @ Alki Beach, Uncle Ben taught Ainsley how to walk on the balance beam ( a piece of wood on concrete blocks), played in the pool and just spent time together. 

Grandma and Ainsley in the hammock

Focus, focus...I made it Uncle Ben


Love this shot!


We went to Idaho for the weekend at the end of July and got a chance from some R&R and catch up with everyone.  Christie, Brady, Madie and Carter were there as well so got a good chance to spend some time with them.  They came back over the mountian with us and spent the rest of the week staying at our house.  I love seeing the kids spend time together and the cousins seem to like playing with Ainsley
The cousins

Auntie Christie was so happy to spend some time with Ainsley

Learning to jump on the trampoline

Gotta love the outfit-a real country girl.


Driving the tractor like a pro already.  She loved getting up there all by herself.




I neglected to take anymore pictures of the rest of our times this summer.  I can't seem to remember to take the camera.  We did go to a few Mariners games when Christie and the kids were here.  We drove up to Sequim for a few days to meet up with Mom and Randy and his familly.  We had a great time with lots of walking, great food, and playing.  We then met up with our sister-in-law Diana and her daughter Angela in Seattle and spent the day there at the aquarium.  This was the first time they had been up this way so was great to have them.  Again, I took not pictures to capture the moments. 
We have spent a lot of time with Kaseys parents here and there over the summer as they live about 1 hr south of here.  It has been great to have them close by and see them more than twice a year.  They just bought a house on Lake Tapps up here so will be helping get them all settled in.  It will be great for them and also give us a place to go swim in the summertime. 

I suppose that is a wrap up of the last few months.  Hope this finds you healthy and happy.


2 comments:

  1. we love you guys!! You are such an awesome family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the update! Glad you are starting to feel better. The first trimester is TOUGH!

    ReplyDelete